Our Software Services
When you develop custom software for your business needs, it is not an expense. It is an investment, an investment in your business, an investment in your people and an investment in your future. At Orana, we understand this and ensure your investment is the best decision you ever made!
Testing and Quality Control
go live Strategy
- Our initial engagement stage allows us to understand the vision and high level project needs from your team. From here we can provide a clear direction of how to proceed.
- As we proceed into the discovery workshop sessions, it is all about getting clarity on how people and systems work today within your business. This is essential before being able to propose a new system design and way of working.
- At the conclusion of this process, you will have a fully documented high level overview of the current solution supported visually with a user journey and process maps.
- This is all about drafting the new system design, taking the best parts of your existing systems, removing inefficiencies and adding enhancements.
- The goal for this stage is to prepare the new User Journey, document the full User Stories and to create a User Experience design.
- The most important objectives of this stage is to ensure both of us have a clear understanding of what is required going forward. This will ensure confidence in the solution and provide a clear road forward.
- Our agile development (in other words coding) of the actual software begins.
- This will take place in the language of your choice, or on our existing platform.
- As each phase of development occurs, it will be followed by testing and quality assurance.
- We have regular project meetings which controls the development tasks and progress.
- Onsite champions identify scope creep early on and address it quickly.
- We adopt a continous deployment strategy to ensure high visibility as the software progresses.
- Once sign-off is received, it is time to go live.
- We co-ordinate this via your champion and our deployment teams.
- Any issues are promptly addressed and resolved.
- The product moves into a maintenance agreement to ensure all necessary updates and enhancements get applied.
Everything Starts With a Rock Solid Product Blueprint
With over 25 years of continuous software development, we have certainly learnt a thing or two. Probably the biggest single factor of failure in any software development is a lack of understanding and engagement. The most successful prjects are those that create a comprehensive software blueprint which covers just about every aspect of the product.
At Orana, we want success with every project and therefore to have the highest probability of this, we will refuse to undertake any project without a comprehensive software blueprint in place.
Do you provide a fixed price contract?
Our discovery and design workshops are fixed prices. However, we do not provide a fixed price for our software development, but rather a guide. You can find out more on why we do this by downloading our free guide to custom software development.
How long does a typical project take?
It really depends on the scale and complexity. As a general rule of thumb, you are looking at a minimum of three months up to 2 years for highly complex projects.
Do you provide reference sites?
The privacy and security of our customers come first, always. As a general rule, we will never publically mention our customers, and for a good reason. Your data and operations are sensitive, and us telling the world you are using our software development teams means hackers and the like can use this to understand your business and backend infrastructure. Exploitation begins with the weakest link, and we do not want to be that link.
What is your resource base?
Like most software development houses, we use a mix of local and overseas developers. We use this mix due to skill scarcity and ensuring costs of kept low. We have local resident resources in Australia, UK, and the USA.
We also place an experienced BA onsite, either full-time or part-time, for the project’s duration.
We ensure the User Experience (UX) gets the highest priority in the entire process. Functionality is important, but user satisfaction is critical. We will sketch out (mock) the user interface to visualise before any coding begins.
Our Developers Are Software Veterans
Our developers are highly experienced and passionate. Some have even said for are all ‘geeks’ who love technology far too much!
Our resident skills:
- .NET Core
- .NET Blazor
OK, So You Have Software…Now What? Launch & Maintain With Confidence.
You have invested in the software, and now you need to invest in your investment. Software changes and security updates occur at an ever-increasing rate, and your software must be updated and relevant.
At Orana, we put together a comprehensive maintenance strategy that ensures your investment does not get left behind.
Get your FREE eBook NOW!
With over 25 years of software development behind me, I have put together a must have guide of the 8 critical considerations you as a business should have when getting custom software developed. Custom software is a very exciting journey, with many challenges along the way. The outcomes in terms of business value and productivity gains make is so worthwhile, provided you do it propertly. Don’t get caught, know the facts and get the right people on your side.
Roger Graham MACS CP IP3P
Founder and CEO
Let our team at Orana help you with your next custom application. With a world of experience, we are well positioned to take on your next project. With the separation of the project into smaller components, it means you can undertake an investigation before committing to a large project.
Why Choose Us
With so many choices available, why should you choose us?
We are experts in the SaaS software development. With over 25 years of experience (we haven’t added up our combined years yet) you can be assured of rock solid and practical advice. For us it is not just about getting a project, it is about getting a customer for life.
Roadmap & Strategy
We take the time to ensure the roadmap and you strategy are clearly documented. The blueprint is the most critical aspect of the entire journey and sets you up for success.
Our goal is to ensure your project succeeds.
Many developers overlook the risks associated with development. At Orana, we take no chances. With full regression backups in place, you can rest assured your investment is in safe hands every step of the way.
Backend & API Development
While the backend and API are never seen by the users, it forms a critical aspect of all software development. We are experts at backend design and API development. We are also highly experienced in seamless integration with 3rd party API’s.
User Centric Experiences
Before we even write one line of code, we create a User Experience flow to ensure the software will meet the expectations of your users. User adoption is critical with any new software application. We want to ensure your users love using the software on a daily basis.
Customer Driven Innovation is our driver. We strive for absolute customer excellence, and so does every team member of our business. We recognise the absolute importance of keeping our customers happy and informed every step of the way. We are so confident with our level of service, we will give you contact details for every single person in our company.
Already Know the Details of Your Project?
At Orana, there is no obligation to commit. At each one of our software development steps, you are free to walk away. Each step is individually billed (if applicable), ensuring you commit only the time and money you are prepared invest each step of the way.